Celebrating the completion of school is a tradition that can be seen all around the world. It is a rite of passage, a transition where matriculants enter adulthood.
Plett Rage has become synonymous with this tradition within South Africa, as the icons of Matric year-end-celebrations have adopted the very best COVID-19 precautions available and believe that life should not be put on hold any longer.
Safety leading up to Plett Rage 2021
We have taken every measure we possibly can to keep our Plett Rage community safe this weekend, and we urge you to please do your part as well. In the days leading up to our event, please avoid any large gatherings or events where covid safely protocols are not adhered to. If you test positive you will not be permitted access to the event (your friends will not be allowed in either if they have been in contact with you nor will you receive a refund if you test positive at wristband collection).
Please be as safe and responsible as possible in the next few days so you can all enjoy the freedom of being inside the COVID safety bubble we are creating this weekend.
The following documentation is needed for registration:
Without the following paperwork you will not be granted access to the festival, if you have already left your hometown, printshops can be found within Plettenberg Bay to assist you.
A breakdown of each document is given below.
- Digital Plett Rage Ticket/Passport
- Printed Negative SAHPRA approved PCR Test
- Printed Vaccination Proof
- A copy of your ID, Drivers License, Passport or Birth Certificate (Only needing to be certified if you don’t bring an original to wristband collection)
- For the partially vaccinated or Medically Exempted: A copy of your Vaccination or Doctors Letter (Only needing to be certified if you don’t bring an original to wristband collection)
- The above paperwork will be kept on file by Plett Rage as proof of adopting the utmost preventative COVID-19 precautionary measures.
Downloading Your Plett Rage Passport:
- Visit plettrage.howler.co.za
- Present your digital Passport/ticket
- Your ID will be checked against the Plett Rage Passport registration, please be sure to bring a printed copy of your ID, drivers or Passport.
- Wristband collection takes place every day at Piesang Valley Community Hall from 09:00-19:00. Late arrivals will not be allowed to enter the venue until the following morning
Hand In Mandatory Pre-Event PCR Test Results:
- All Passport holders MUST have proof of a negative PCR test prior to arriving at Plett Rage, tests cannot be older than 72h (which means they must have been done after 12:00 on Tuesday, the 30th of November).
- Download and PRINT your PCR test results certificate
- We will scan your test certificate QR code and verify it against your ID (your printout will be kept for safety)
- Entry will be denied if you do not bring a printed copy of your test certificate, there aren’t any PCR testing facilities available in Plettenberg Bay, please ensure that you are tested prior to leaving.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 before arriving in Plettenberg Bay (we are so sorry and wish you a speedy recovery) and send us your positive PCR test result before 14:00 on Friday 3 December, you will be eligible for a full refund (your test will need to be validated using a QR code).
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 upon arrival via rapid test at wristband collection will not be allowed to enter the event and will not be eligible for a Passport refund.
Proof of Vaccination:
- Download your official SA COVID-19 digital vaccine certificate (medical aid certificate not accepted).
- Print your vaccine certificate and bring it along to Plett Rage
- Plett Rage will scan your vaccine certificate QR code and verify it against your ID
- Plett Rage will keep the printed certificate
*Partially vaccinated Ragers will need to show proof of their one dose vaccination. Please bring your original record card and a printed copy which Plett Rage will keep. We will verify you on the COVID-19 vaccination system.
Collecting Your Plett Rage Wristband & Rapid Testing:
- Arrive at Plett Rage COVID Testing & Wristband collection at Piesang Valley Community Hall. Under no circumstances check in your accommodation beforehand.
- Upon arrival you will be required to show printed proof of vaccination, a printed copy of your ID, a printed copy of your SAHPRA approved PCR test. These documents will be kept on file for the safety of Plett Ragers.
- Thereafter you will be required to undergo a rapid antigen test, which takes 15min.
- IF NEGATIVE:
- You will proceed to wristband collection.
- You will be able to access the festival ground for day 1.
- You will be required to test day 2 as well.
- IF POSITIVE:
- If you are found positive at Plett Rage you will not receive a refund.
- You will be isolated and contact tracing will start, all those you share a room with if you have checked in and everyone you travelled with will be required to isolate by law as per the disaster management act.
- You will be required to either return to your accommodation or if you are unable to return to your accommodation and self-isolate.
- If you are unable to return home, you will be asked to isolate yourself at your accommodation, in the event of your accommodation being unable to assist with isolation, you will be required to pay for isolation transportation home, payable upfront to the service provider.
- Transport to all major metros will be arranged – Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg, Pretoria & Cape Town.
- IF NEGATIVE:
Did you test positive for COVID-19?
- Everyone that tested positive for COVID-19 through a PCR before Friday 14:00 will receive a full refund.
- Please email your positive PCR test results to email@example.com & CC firstname.lastname@example.org, please also include your hometown & school in your email.
- Refunds will be processed within a maximum of 2 weeks.
Plett Rage Festival Map:
This year unlike ever before, Plett Rage festival will be taking place at Plettenberg Bay Central Beach, please see the below image for your venue map and be sure to download it for your perusal.
Download High-Res Version of the Map: click here
Plett Rage Transport Routes:
Below is a map of this year’s transport routes, please be sure to familiarise yourself with the route closest to you and contact Persey of Marius for cash ride bookings if you aren’t close to the routes.
Download High-Res Version of the Map: click here